All About GOLD
GOLD® is the authentic, ongoing, observation-based assessment system that Bright & Early ND utilizes to assess child outcomes, ages birth to five, in all Step 3 and Step 4 Quality Rated programs. GOLD provides teachers and caregivers with the information they need to draw conclusions about children's development and learning, from birth through third grade, and then leverage those conclusions to plan with intention. GOLD allows teachers and caregivers to assess children in their natural environment, through play, to most accurately capture child outcomes.
Your program will access GOLD through MyTeachingStrategies™, a one-stop spot for all your teaching and assessing needs. For up-to-date support and resources, we recommend accessing the Teaching Strategies Support Portal for GOLD.
Quality Indicator AE.5 Training Details
To meet the requirements of indicator AE.5, the Program Director, all Lead Teachers and/or all Lead Caregivers must complete professional development related to observation and assessment. Learn the basics of Teaching Strategies GOLD, an authentic, ongoing, observation-based assessment system. GOLD supports effective teaching and assessment, while providing you with more time to spend with the children in your program.
The Introduction to GOLD is a bundle of courses and includes the following:
- Introducing MyTeachingStrategies (2 hours)
- GOLD Introduction (2 hours) or The Power of GOLD (2 hours)
- Please note that GOLD Introduction (2 hours) has been retired as of June 30th, 2022 and The Power of GOLD (2 hours) has replaced this course as of July 1st, 2022. The training sponsor will accept either course to complete this portion of the training bundle.
- Objectives for Development and Learning (10 hours)
- Completion of Interrater Reliability Certification
The Introduction to GOLD is a bundle of courses that is delivered online, self-service, through the MyTeachingStrategies platform. Attendees must be participating in Bright & Early ND and have an active Teaching Strategies account.
To register via Growing Futures, select the following link: Introduction to GOLD, Self-Paced Training, Available September 1st - December 31st, 2022.